Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a version of a health bar. It's sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. Perfect for breakfast with yogurt or to fuel a workout.
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon carob chips
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed, ground
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Mix well, will be dry and difficult to mix. May need to use hands.
- Scoop mixture into greased casserole pan.
- Use hands or back of spoon to flatten out to 1/2" thickness.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
I have been eating these after my workouts... I think they are actually better after they sit in an air-tight container overnight. I edited the recipe a bit and next time I might use two bananas (I love bananas), but these are definitely a great high energy snack.