Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple to make; elegant to look at.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 4 medium bananas, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 (6 ounce) cartons vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- To make granola combine oats and wheat germ in large bowl. Spread on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven. Pour into bowl.
- Stir in almonds, sesame seeds, honey, melted butter and salt. Spread on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes more or until lightly browned, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool to room temperature and stir in raisins, breaking up large granola clusters.
- For each parfait spoon 1/4 cup granola into a tall glass. Layer, using one container of yogurt, slices of one banana and another 3/4 cup granola, per parfait.