Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 16 (2 1/2 inch) muffin cups with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In medium bowl, whisk together bananas, apple sauce, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Stir apple sauce mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in pecans, if desired.
- Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pan; cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
These are good flavour light muffins with great texture. The batter ended up really thick like cookie dough but the muffins turned out fine. I was disappointed that the graham cracker flavour was barely noticeable.
Seems I like anything with graham cracker! These were light and tasty. Sure beats buying store muffins!!