Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is adapted from a honey graham cracker recipe. The thought of banana graham crackers with peanut butter just sounded so good I just had to try to create this recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1⁄3 cup mashed banana (1 banana)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter, banana, honey, and molasses; stir to mix. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour banana mixture all at once into flour mixture. Using a fork, stir until mixture is combined with all flour mixture. Knead dough in bowl until all flour is incorporated. Dough will be crumbly. Divide dough into smaller pieces; roll each piece between 2 pieces of waxed paper(or parchment paper) to 1/8" thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/2" round cookie cutter and transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 325*F. oven for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes about 40 crackers.