Recipe by SusieQusie
This double-strength banana dessert beats a banana split halfway to Dakar! Served with an excellent demitasse, it is a delicious and sophisticated dessert. Posted for ZWT 2006.
Top Review by ladypit
This is so much better then the sum of its parts. I made the frozen mixture (using splenda and fat free half & half) and thought "this is ok." Add it to the fresh banana (which I simply broke up and put into my container) and add a few toppings (Yes, chocolate is a must here!) and this is divine.
- 4 bananas, mashed into a pulp
- 8 whole bananas
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped candied fruit (as angelica or red cherries)
- 1 teaspoon black raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, beat mashed bananas, cream and sugar until frothy.
- Pour into freezer trays and freeze for 1 to 2 hours until partially firm.
- Cut 8 bananas in half lengthwise and then in half across.
- Place 4 pieces in a row side by side on a dessert plate.
- Spread the frozen bananas uniformly over the fresh bananas.
- Sprinkle with toppings.
- Serve immediately.