Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Two of my favorite things: gingerbread and bananas. How can you go wrong? The bananas keep the bread so moist. This is the perfect fall treat.
Top Review by JanelleKC
It came out way too heavy for me and I definitely think it needs a lot more leavening than the self-rising flour provides. The taste is okay, but the texture is just so gooey/sticky that it's difficult to enjoy. I think I can make changes to the recipe to fix it, but as-is, it just doesn't make nearly as good of a quick bread as I generally make on my own.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 large bananas, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, molasses, and honey until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the sour cream and bananas.
- Stir in the dry ingredients just until blended.
- Place the batter in the pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack and cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar or glaze.