1 hr 35 mins
This is a moist delicious banana cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups gold medall all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts (not toasted)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with shortening or cooking spray. Line bottom with cooking parchment paper; grease and flour paper and sides of pans. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- 2In large bowl, beat granulated sugar and 1/2 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes or until fluffy. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas. (Mixture will look curdled.) Alternately beat in flour mixture and buttermilk,beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup nuts. Spread batter evenly in pans.
- 3Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until dark golden brown and cakes begin to pull away from sides of pans. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4In large bowl, beat frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- 5On serving plate, place 1 cake layer, rounded side down. Spread with half of frosting. Place remaining cake layer, rounded side up, on frosting, pressing gently to secure (frosting should show around edge). Spread frosting on top of cake, leaving side unfrosted. Sprinkle 1/4 cup nuts around top edge of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Ginger Macadamia Cake
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.5
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.9 mg
- Sodium 364.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 67.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g