Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great "do most of the work ahead of time" recipe. I like to have crepes ready in the freezer for a quick tea time sweet or after Dinner dessert.The combination of ginger, banana & yogurt will keep your guests guessing. The vanilla is optional or you may like some cinnamon in the filling.
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk or 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 quart plain yogurt (you may use low fat but no fat is too runny)
- 4 bananas, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted & chopped
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Crepes: In your blender or food processor beat the eggs until creamy.
- Add sugar; beat.
- Add milk; beat.
- Slowly add flour and beat until very smooth.
- Wipe a non stick 12-inch skillet with a bit of butter or margarine.
- Pour in enough batter to form a thin layer, tilt the pan to spread it evenly over the bottom.
- Your layer should not be thicker than an 1/8-inch.
- Cook over medium heat, when the bottom is golden flip and cook for another minute Place on a place (light side up) and cover with a piece of wax paper.
- Continue to cook all the crepes.
- Cover the crepes with plastic wrap.
- You may now freeze them for later use or have them ready for the last minute filling and serving.
- Filling: Gently mix all the ingredients.
- Place a crepe on a serving plate (light side up) and spoon on a generous amount of the filling (about 1/4 cup it's up to you).
- Flip up the bottom of the crepe and fold in the sides.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and if you wish add a sprinkle of confectioners sugar. Allow 2 crepes per serving.
Good, unique tasting dessert. While the crepes themselves were excellent, the filling was a bit too tangy and I really felt the crystallized ginger overwhelmed the flavor(and I usually love this ingredient). I also thought the filling could have been much sweeter and also found it a bit runny. I'm sorry - I thought the ingredients sounded like a very tasty combination, but this just didn't work out for me.