From Gelato! by Pamela Sheldon Johns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around edges of hte pan. Set aside and cover to keep hot.
- 2In a blender or food processor, puree the bananas, lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- 3In the blender or food processor, beat the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and egg yolks until thick. WIth the machine running, gradually add the hot milk. Return the mixture to the sauce pan.
- 4Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon 6 to 8 minutes or until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and place pan in the bowl of an ice bath. Stir for 2 minutes to cool. Then stir in banana mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- 5Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Browse Our Top Ice Cream Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Gelato
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 156.6 mg
- Sodium 85.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 35.8 g
- Protein 8.7 g