Recipe by Bonnie S.
The best pie in the world :)
Top Review by Grandma JB
Had this recipe years ago, and my son had requested it. In fact, he even had cut it out from an ad in a magazine and put it on a plaque on my kitchen wall when he was a little boy. He's 39 now and the recipe was lost to him. He mentioned it today, and since our house was burned down a week ago, I was not sure if I could find it. But a quick internet search and here it is!!!! It is a wonderful pie and soooo easy to make! We love it!
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 medium bananas (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Prepare pie crust for filling.
- In sauce pan, melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup cool whip, eggs & sugar.
- Mix well and pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 30 min.
- Cool for 10 min.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Layer bananas over chocolate.
- Smooth remaining cool whip on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.