Recipe by grandma2969
Taken from the back of a Duncan Hines cake mix...delicious for the banana lovers in your family..I have used reduced fat and reduced sugar ingredients where possible...also use cool whip, or dream whip to reduce fat from whipping cream, no noticeable difference as far as my family can tell...uses two of the packages of Dream Whip
- 19 1⁄4 ounces fudge ripple cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup banana, ripe, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 ounces instant banana pudding mix
- 5 1⁄4 ounces whipped topping (use 2 pkgs)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease and flour 2 9" round cake pans -- set aside.
- FOR CAKE:.
- combine cake mix, eggs, mashed banana and water in large bowl --
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake and cool following package directions.
- FOR FROSTING:.
- Combine dry pudding mix, whipped topping mix, and milk in large bowl --
- Beat at high sped for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy --
- Fill and frost cake.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Dip banana slices in lemon juice.
- Blot dry --
- Garnish with Cool whip, thawed and banana slices.
- TIP***I sometimes drizzle chocolate fudge sauce on plate before serving a slice -- nice presentation -- .