Recipe by Nisha
A yummy snack--reminds me of the train trips down to my native...
Top Review by Mirj
My youngest and I had fun making these last night (and even more fun eating them). Our bananas were pretty curvy so I cut then in half first widthwise and then sliced them in half lengthwise. This also made the pieces smaller and easier to handle in the hot oil. I added just a dash of freshly shaved nutmeg to the batter. Very yummy! I had mine on their own, but my daughter had hers a la mode with some vanilla ice cream. Good recipe!
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the flour in a bowl.
- Add water, a little at a time, stirring continuously to make a paste.
- Cut the bananas into half, lengthwise.
- Dip the bananas into the flour batter.
- Heat oil in a wok or deep frying pan.
- When the oil is hot, take each slice of banana (well coated with the batter) and put gently into the oil.
- Fry them until golden.
- Serve them hot with tea!