Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Do you like banana bread? You'll like this, but it is not bread; it is cake. This is similar to banana bread, but has fruit in it. It is made in a tube pan and so you will have a big cake filled with yummy goodies in it. NOTE: If you want to make it Banana Bread, omit the cherries and raisins; omit the spices except for 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Put it into two bread pans and bake as directed. You will have two loaves of delicious Banana Bread.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 6 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed candied cherry (cut up)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water; set aside.
- Mix sugar, eggs, bananas, butter, and baking soda solution together.
- Mix well.
- Add the flour, salt, and spices; mix well.
- Add nuts, raisins, and cherries.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased tube pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour or till done.
- Let cool 15 minutes in pan and then take out to cool on rack.