Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Anything with banana's is good and these fritters are really great. These are from Emeril's.com.
Make and share this Banana Fritters (Goa) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Place the oil in a 6-quart stockpot and bring to 350°F.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla and milk and whisk vigorously to blends.
- Gradually add the egg and milk mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mashed bananas into the fritter dough and gently combine.
- Drop the fritter batter into the hot oil by the spoonful (about 1-1/2 tablespoons batter per spoonful).
- Fry the batter in batches, about 8-10 fritters at a time and cook for 3 minutes, turning once to evenly brown.
- Remove fritters from oil and drain on paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven while you continue to fry the remaining fritters.
- Once all the dough has been fried, leave the fritters in the oven while you make the glaze.
- Combine apricot and orange juice in a 1-quart saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil until the orange juice is reduced by about half and the jam starts to thicken, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the fritters from oven and arrange on a platter.
- Drizzle with the apricot glaze.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the glazed fritters and sprinkle with the confectioner's sugar.
- Serve immediately.