Anything with banana's is good and these fritters are really great. These are from Emeril's.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1Place the oil in a 6-quart stockpot and bring to 350°F.
- 2Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- 3In a medium bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla and milk and whisk vigorously to blends.
- 5Gradually add the egg and milk mixture and whisk until smooth.
- 6Pour the mashed bananas into the fritter dough and gently combine.
- 7Drop the fritter batter into the hot oil by the spoonful (about 1-1/2 tablespoons batter per spoonful).
- 8Fry the batter in batches, about 8-10 fritters at a time and cook for 3 minutes, turning once to evenly brown.
- 9Remove fritters from oil and drain on paper-lined cookie sheet.
- 10Place the cookie sheet in the oven while you continue to fry the remaining fritters.
- 11Once all the dough has been fried, leave the fritters in the oven while you make the glaze.
- 13Combine apricot and orange juice in a 1-quart saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 14Continue to boil until the orange juice is reduced by about half and the jam starts to thicken, about 4-5 minutes.
- 15Remove the fritters from oven and arrange on a platter.
- 16Drizzle with the apricot glaze.
- 17Sprinkle the almonds over the glazed fritters and sprinkle with the confectioner's sugar.
- 18Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Fritters (Goa)
Serving Size: 1 (2777 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.2
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 71.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g