- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- oil (for frying, about a quart)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and mix in milk, eggs and butter until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- Heat oil to 375° and drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil and cook, turning once until brown (about 2 to 5 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels and dust with powdered sugar.