PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this in the new "Taste of Home" cookbook. It was originally submitted by Heidi Duquette or Morrisonville, NY, who says: "Try this for a fun twist on a banana split. My family especially enjoys it on a warm summer night."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour in a small bowl.
- 2Combine egg and soda; stir into flour just until moistened.
- 3In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil to 375.
- 4Coat banana pieces with batter.
- 5Fry bananas, a few at a time, for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 6Drizzle with caramel topping.
- 7Serve with ice cream, whipped cream and pecans, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.0
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.4 mg
- Sodium 740.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g