Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I just recently made these, I just had to post the recipe they are so good!
Top Review by TigerNightmare
Maybe I did something wrong, but these ended up more like crispy banana pancakes. Plus, they absorb so much of the oil when they cook, the last few ended up cooking in the pan without any oil at all, making them even more pancake-like. They were still good, just not exactly what I was looking for.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half cream (or milk)
- 1 egg
- 3 bananas, mashed (sprinkled with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to keep from discolouring)
- oil (for deep frying)
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl sift all dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the half and half and egg until well blended; add to the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the mashed bananas, mixed with the lemon juice,if the mixture is to thick add in a little milk, or if it is too thin add in some flour, it should be the consistancy to mound on a spoon.
- Heat a fry pan to 370 degrees with 1 inch of oil (when fritters cook in 5 minutes, you know the oil if ready).
- Drop by spoonfuls in small batches.
- As it browns on one side, then turn and brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm, just before serving sprinkle with powdered suger.
- Serve warm.