Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is from an old Church Cookbook that was written in the 1940's. Absolutely delicious recipe. I'm going to list the directions exactly how they're listed in the book, I love it.
Top Review by Roo in the Kitchen
Not bad... but the batter mixture was way too thick, so I added a few more tablespoons of milk until I could at least stir it. I also put a bit of cinnamon in the batter, then deep fried these in olive oil. The end result was delicious, although the cooked batter around the bananas was very thick, more like a donut. Of course we liberally dusted powdered sugar on them :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 bananas (peeled and diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and sift 1 1/2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Moisten with 1 egg well beaten and diluted with 2/3 cup milk, beat thoroughly.
- Stir in 2 peeled and diced bananas, drop from spoon into deep hot fat and fry until brown.
- Drain on brown paper and sprinkle with powdered sugar.