Recipe by Courtly
From Pampered Chef, these sound very good!
Top Review by breezermom
I made this for breakfast this morning.....delicious! Loved the seasoning in the batter, and the touch of sweet with the powder sugar. I used a thermometer to monitor my oil temp, and think I'd reduce it just a bit....mined browned up too quickly to turn them! Very delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs, separated
- 6 bananas, peeled, halves crosswise then lengthwise
- oil, for deep fat frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl combine biscuit mix, sugar, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and egg yolks.
- Stir until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into biscuit mixture.
- Heat oil in deep skillet or deep fat fryer to 375.
- Dip each banana piece into batter and place into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on each side.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.