Recipe by mysticalmagical
You can also use apples with this instead of bananas.
Top Review by DewReine
What to do with my overripe bananas? Frittata was an interesting idea, and it turned out rather moist and yummy! I added some cinnamon and clove for the spices I love with bananas. Then, because I had another banana left I made a "sauce": mashed it, mixed it with some plain yogurt, sugar, and ground cloves... uniquely "super bananas" of a warm frittata with a cool/refreshing sauce. Beware: this is for banana lovers!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and sugar.
- Gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly, until a smooth batter is formed.
- Add the eggs, one at time, stirring well each addition.
- Stir in sliced bananas.
- Heat oil and butter in a nine inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the mixture in by spoonfuls, spreading the mixture evenly across the pan.
- When the bottom has turned a golden brown turn the frittata and cook over low heat until golden brown on the other side.
- Sprinkle with sugar and serve warm.