Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can also use apples with this instead of bananas.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and sugar.
- Gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly, until a smooth batter is formed.
- Add the eggs, one at time, stirring well each addition.
- Stir in sliced bananas.
- Heat oil and butter in a nine inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the mixture in by spoonfuls, spreading the mixture evenly across the pan.
- When the bottom has turned a golden brown turn the frittata and cook over low heat until golden brown on the other side.
- Sprinkle with sugar and serve warm.
What to do with my overripe bananas? Frittata was an interesting idea, and it turned out rather moist and yummy! I added some cinnamon and clove for the spices I love with bananas. Then, because I had another banana left I made a "sauce": mashed it, mixed it with some plain yogurt, sugar, and ground cloves... uniquely "super bananas" of a warm frittata with a cool/refreshing sauce. Beware: this is for banana lovers!