Recipe by FloridaNative
Fried bananas is often a side dish on Christmas Day. Brazilians prepare a turkey basted with a rich dark coffee with cream and sugar. The traditional stuffing contains farofa (ground manioc), pork sausage, onions, celery, and seasonings. Side dishes for this meal are mashed white sweet potatoes, banana frita (fried bananas), and green beans. From FoodinBrazil.com.
- 6 small bananas, peeled
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter (unsalted)
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, gently toss the bananas with egg to moisten, then lightly roll the bananas in the breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- When the foam goes away, add the bananas and fry on all sides until golden.
- Season with salt and serve hot.