1 hr 10 mins
If you're sick of making the same bread every 10 days, try this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups amish starter (see Easy Friendship Bread (Amish Bread) Starter)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil (or 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup applesauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 bananas
- 1To the batter add 2 bananas, 3 eggs, 1-1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 cup oil (or ½ oil & ½ applesauce), ½ tsp baking soda, ½ cup milk, ½ tsp vanilla, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups flour, ½ tsp salt, 1 cup chopped nuts (optional).
- 2Note: It is easier to mix if you combine the dry ingredients (except for sugar and mashed bananas) in another bowl then add it slowly to the batter.
- 3Grease bottom and sides of 2 large loaf pans or spray with Pam. Mix ½ cup sugar and 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Dust the insides of each of the pans with half of the mixture, making sure to cover the bottom and sides well.
- 4Pour batter evenly into the 2 pans and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture over top of the batter.
- 5Bake for approximately 1 hour (until toothpick comes out clean.) Cool until the bread loosens from the pan easily. Turn onto serving dish. May be served warm or cold. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Friendship Bread
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.2
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 435.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 55.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: