Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you're sick of making the same bread every 10 days, try this one!
- 1 1⁄2 cups amish starter (see Easy Friendship Bread (Amish Bread) Starter)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil (or 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup applesauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 bananas
- To the batter add 2 bananas, 3 eggs, 1-1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 cup oil (or ½ oil & ½ applesauce), ½ tsp baking soda, ½ cup milk, ½ tsp vanilla, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups flour, ½ tsp salt, 1 cup chopped nuts (optional).
- Note: It is easier to mix if you combine the dry ingredients (except for sugar and mashed bananas) in another bowl then add it slowly to the batter.
- Grease bottom and sides of 2 large loaf pans or spray with Pam. Mix ½ cup sugar and 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Dust the insides of each of the pans with half of the mixture, making sure to cover the bottom and sides well.
- Pour batter evenly into the 2 pans and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture over top of the batter.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour (until toothpick comes out clean.) Cool until the bread loosens from the pan easily. Turn onto serving dish. May be served warm or cold. Enjoy.
This made very tasty banana bread. I did make a few changes based on personal preference. I did sub out 1/2 the oil, but I used 2 more bananas rather than the suggested applesauce. To the batter, I only added 1/2 cup of sugar. There is already plenty of sugar in the starter, and the bread is still plenty sweet with just a 1/2 cup. I omitted the dusting of the pan with sugar and cinnamon because my kids don't like that, and instead of nuts I added 1/2 cup chocolate chips. There is no baking temperature listed in the recipe, so I baked it at 375, and my loaves took 45 minutes at that temperature.
This is delicious! We had starter and bananas to use up so this fit the bill. I like that this did not have any puddings in it and it still came out moist, dense and tastey. I will be fixing this again. Thank you for posting RedheadAblaze.