Recipe by Chef Mommie
I am a fan of french toast and bananas and this is a yummy combination!
Top Review by aclove_88_486
I just had this and I am sooooo pleased that I tried it! the bananas were soft and mushy but I liked it that way. and the french toast part was soft and deeeeelish!! I tink it would have been perfect with a it of cinnamon on top, regret that i just ran out of it yesterday.... My baby nephew had chocolate syrup on his and he loved it! anyway thanks for the recipe! will definately make this again, maybe tomorrow for breakfast (:
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Combine the egg and milk in a bowl. Mix well.
- Turn the slices of bread in the egg mixture until most, if not all, of the mixture is absorbed by the bread.
- Slice the banana on a diagonal to get long slices.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan. Top the slice with banana to cover in a single layer.
- Place the second slice of bread on top of the banana.
- Cook until the bottom slice is golden, 3 minutes.
- Turn over and cook on the other side until golden.
- Place the Banana French Toast in the oven.
- Bake 10 minutes, then serve.
- Be careful removing the Banana French Toast from the oven so the sandwich doesn't come apart.
- Dip it in syrup if you like.