Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Taken from Nita Mehta's Breakfast Cookbook
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 slices bread
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Whisk 1 eggs in a broad shallow bowl, set aside.
- Combine banana, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spread half of banana mixture on a slice.
- Press another slice on to it.
- Dip the banana sandwich into the beaten egg.
- Turn after a minute so both sides are coated.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a non-stick pan.
- Gently place sandwich in the hot pan.
- Reduce heat and cook for a minute until outside egg is cooked.
- Turn to cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and serve warm.
- Repeat with remaining bread and mixtures.
Pretty good little recipe! This didn't jump off the plate at me the way I was expecting, but sure went together fast! I followed the recipe pretty much as written, altho' I used a bit more cinnamon as suggested by a previous reviewer (good suggestion!). Served with butter, maple syrup, link sausages, and a fruit salad thing. Was a good weekend brekflest! Made for *PRMR* January 2010.
ooh what a FUN and DELICIOUS twist on french toast! i loved the mix of banana, brown sugar, and cinnamon!!! i would agree with Bergy and suggest adding some extra cinnamon, which i sprinkled on top of the sandwich. my sister looooooves you for this recipe! thanks so much for a new breakfast i will use often!!!
Easy to make and tasty. I did double the cinnamon ans still did not find it over powering - just right. I cooked it over medium heat covered with a lid for apprx. 4 minutes each side - Golden and perfect Thanks for posting Sam