- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 banana
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk milk, egg, sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Dip bread, one slice at a time into mixture so bread absorbs liquid.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat and place all 4 slices in skillet and cook for about 2 minutes per side or till golden brown.
- Meanwhile cut banana into 1/4 inch thick rounds and place on top of bread and pour maple syrup.