Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
My hubby found this in Reader's Digest. We love this recipe. When you eat it just make sure you have a bit of syrup. It makes it a little better. Filling tastes to me just like banana cheese cake.
- 8 slices raisin bread
- 2 medium bananas (cut in 1/4-inch slices)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees if preparing the same day.
- Butter an 8x9 pan.
- Place 4 slices of raisin bread in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Top with banana slices.
- Blend milk, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, flour, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over raisin bread in pan.
- Top mixture with 4 slices of rasin bread.
- Let stand for five minutes(will set quick in the fridge), or refrigerate overnight.
- Bake 40-45 minutes(50-55 minutes if refrigerated)until set and top is toasted.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into diagonal halves-remove with spatula.
- Dust with powdered sugar, and top with your favorite syrup if desired.
Awesome! Try with cinmmon bread too.