Recipe by Hanka
This is a killer sauce. Sweet buttery and the rum gives it nice kick. Spoon the hot sauce over the vanilla ice-cream!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1⁄4 rum
- 2 large bananas, cut in half and slice lengthwise
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan melt butter add sugar, cinnamon, orange juice, zest bring to boil. Lower the heat add slowly rum and stir well.
- Let it simmer 10 minutes stir occasionally. Alcohol will cook off and sauce should be nice and smooth.
- Add bananas cook for 1 minute if you like bananas more mushy cook longer.
- Divide vanilla ice-cream into 2 bowls.
- Spoon hot sauce over vanilla ice-cream.
- Serve immediately.