Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cook the bananas while enjoying dinner. After they are cooked, cool a while then assemble and enjoy.
- 4 bananas
- 1 lemon, juice of and grated rind
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- rum, for garnish if desired
- orange rind, if desired (to garnish)
- Cut ends off bananas and slit skin from end to end.
- Bake on cookie sheet@ 400 F for 15 minutes.
- Put lemon juice, rind, sugar, water and marmalade in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes.
- Place skinned bananas on serving plate and divide sauce between them.
- Sprinkle with rum and orange rind.
This was a little too sweet for my liking. I used strawberry marmalade instead of orange, because that's all I had on hand. I liked the idea of baking the bananas, but I think this would taste better without the sugar and maybe some more lemon. I'd like to try this with with chocolate syrup instead of the marmalade too.