Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A neat item to serve on cakes, gingerbread or chocolate waffles. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 bananas, peeled and mashed (bananas that are completely yellow are best, very ripe have too much moisture)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
- Add lemon juice to mashed bananas; mix thoroughly.
- Beat in cream, adding confectioners sugar until very thick and creamy.
- Beat thoroughly; fold in stiffly beaten egg white.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This does not keep well.