Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Betty Crocker NOTE: Cookie mix used is 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix. "Who wouldn't love to bite into one of these cakey banana cookies with a fluffy yogurt filling."
- 1⁄3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelopebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup yoplait thick and creamy banana yogurt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, stir banana, 1/3 cup butter, the cream cheese, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Add cookie mix and flour; stir until soft dough forms.
- With medium cookie scoop or by heaping tablespoonfuls, scoop dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Beat on high speed about 2 minutes or until lightly and fluffy.
- To make each sandwich cookie, spread about 1 tablespoon filling on bottoms of 16 cookies.
- Top each with one of the remaining cookies; gently press cookies together.
- Sprinkle tops of sandwich cookies with powdered sugar.
- Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container in refrigerator.