Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My DH loves pancakes! I am always trying something new to find the "right" taste to suit him. This is one of MANY that he likes.... I don't really remember where this recipe came from... my sister I think....
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml honey
- 177.44 ml skim milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 236.59 ml complete pancake and waffle mix
- 59.14 ml finely ground walnuts
- 59.14 ml ground flax seeds (flax seed meal)
- 0.25 ml salt
For Blueberry Sauce
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- In small bowl, mix together egg, oil, honey, milk and banana. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine pancake mix, ground walnuts, ground flax seed and salt. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir together.
- Spoon batter onto hot skillet. Cook until bubbles start to appear on surface and flip. Cook until light, golden brown.
- Blueberry Sauce.
- In nonstick saucepan, combine blueberries and sugar. Cook until blueberries are warm and softened. Spoon warm blueberries on top of each pancake and serve.
What fabulous flavor these pancakes have Debi. Love the added flax seed too. I used meal as opposed to the seeds. I also opted out of the walnuts per DH's preference. Perfect sweetness. I used blackberries for my sauce and they were so yummy. DH likes his pancakes with the fruit served this way atop the pancakes and then with a healthy amount of maple syrup and butter:-) Really good and healthy too. Well, minus the butter and syrup.~ Made for Kittencal's Kitchen.