Recipe by pixieglenn
These are a great start to your day with tons of omega 3's. My kids and I eat them all the time. You can either make 24 regular muffins or 12 Jumbo muffins. We take these everywhere, hiking, car trips, kids school lunches, for breakfast. They fill you up and keep you going! Flax is a great way to get all your omega 3's and walnuts are an awesome source of protein and heart healthy fats!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I use whole wheat WHITE flour)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan meal (ground up pecans)
- 1 cup flax seed meal (ground up flax seeds)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup Splenda granular (I used the sugar blend)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash up the bananas, however many it takes to make four cups. It took me about 8 bananas to make four cups.
- Mix all the ingredients well. If you need to make your own pecan meal, a coffee grinder works great. You can find Flax meal in the 'natural' section of your regular grocery store.
- Fill muffin tins to the top. Not 3/4 full!
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Check with a toothpick to make sure it's done first!