Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are fantastic for breakfast or as an anytime snack. They're very easy to make and taste equally good without the hazelnuts and cinnamon. As I'm from the UK, all measurements are metric so you will need a scale to make them. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a large pan over a low heat until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the oats, chopped hazelnuts, cinnamon and baking powder - stir to combine.
- Mash the bananas well, then stir into the oat mix.
- Spoon into a greased 23x33cm tin, packing tightly and smoothing over the top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and score into rectangles/squares.
- Allow to cool in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These can be stored in an airtight container for upto a week.
Excellent recipe-just what I was looking for in an attempt to cut down on wheat-based snacks. The flapjacks have a more cake-y texture than normal ones and didn't sit in my stomach like a brick. Nice one Laura.UK.