Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A fruit tart that is low in calorie..
Make and share this Banana Flan recipe from Food.com.
- Sugar Pastry:.
- Mix flour and salt.
- Add butter. Mix using your hands.
- Add sugar and 4 tbsp of water.
- Mix very well.
- Roll into a ball and wrap in cling wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- Pastry Cream:.
- Combine milk and vanilla and heat in stove.
- Whisk fast so that it won't burn.
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar and eggs with a wooden spoon till yellowish white in color.
- When milk mixture is boiling, turn off the heat. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Then gradually add the milk mixture to the egg mixture.
- Whisk while adding the milk.
- Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Put it back on the sauce pan and heat it again.
- Stir well until mixture becomes thick.
- Banana Flan:.
- After chilling the dough, knead it using 2 baking sheets.
- Roll the dough and put in pie plate.
- Put parchment paper on top and chill again for 5 minutes.
- Take out dough from the ref and place mongo beans as weights.
- Bake in the oven 200°C for 20-25 minutes.
- take out in the oven, remove the mongo beans and parchment paper.
- Heat again till golden brown.
- Once cooked, assemble the pastry cream on top of the dough using pastry bag.
- Then place the sliced bananas on top of pastry cream as toppings.