Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is posted for a tag player Jude looking for something to do with bananas and nuts.
Make and share this Banana Flambe over Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons banana rum
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 oranges, juice of (fresh squeezed)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons crushed nuts, pan toasted
- 4 slices oranges
- Place bananas, brown sugar, Grand Marnier and lemon juice.
- Marinate 15 minutes.
- Heat butter and sugar, cook until caramelized.
- When golden brown pour in orange juice; mix well.
- Cook 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- Add banana mix to orange mix; add lemon zest and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in banana rum and flambe.
- Cook 1 minute on high.
- Place on plate ice cream, top it with banana, topped with whipped cream sprinkle nuts and sift cinnamon garnish with orange slice.