Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is posted for a tag player Jude looking for something to do with bananas and nuts.
Make and share this Banana Flambe over Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons banana rum
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 oranges, juice of (fresh squeezed)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons crushed nuts, pan toasted
- 4 slices oranges
- Place bananas, brown sugar, Grand Marnier and lemon juice.
- Marinate 15 minutes.
- Heat butter and sugar, cook until caramelized.
- When golden brown pour in orange juice; mix well.
- Cook 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- Add banana mix to orange mix; add lemon zest and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in banana rum and flambe.
- Cook 1 minute on high.
- Place on plate ice cream, top it with banana, topped with whipped cream sprinkle nuts and sift cinnamon garnish with orange slice.
The flavor of this was too "citrusy" for me. I prefer banana flambe with a more sweeter, caramel taste. The citrus made it sharper, not a bad flavor, but not my preference.