Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've never tried this, but after posting this in the recipe request forum, somebody asked me to post it...so here it is! The recipe is from About: Southern US Cuisine, and here's the weblink for the page it's on. http://southernfood.about.com/od/bananacakerecipes/r/bln379.htm
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 ripe but firm bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine confectioners' sugar, flour, and milk in a saucepan; cook, stirring, until smooth.
- Continue cooking until mixture thickens; transfer to mixing bowl, cover, and chill thoroughly.
- Beat butter into the chilled mixture, a tablespoon at a time.
- Fold in sliced bananas and vanilla.