I've never tried this, but after posting this in the recipe request forum, somebody asked me to post it...so here it is! The recipe is from About: Southern US Cuisine, and here's the weblink for the page it's on. http://southernfood.about.com/od/bananacakerecipes/r/bln379.htm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine confectioners' sugar, flour, and milk in a saucepan; cook, stirring, until smooth.
- 2Continue cooking until mixture thickens; transfer to mixing bowl, cover, and chill thoroughly.
- 3Beat butter into the chilled mixture, a tablespoon at a time.
- 4Fold in sliced bananas and vanilla.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Filling
Serving Size: 1 (554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1273.1
- Calories from Fat 569
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 39.5 g
- Cholesterol 169.7 mg
- Sodium 473.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 173.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 117.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g