Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe is from the Nestle kitchens.
Make and share this Banana-Filled Chimichangas With Coffee Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
COFFEE CREAM SAUCE
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups about 3 medium sliced bananas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 9 (8 inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas, warmed
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- FOR COFFEE CREAM SAUCE:.
- BEAT egg yolk in small bowl. Set aside.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, water, coffee granules and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot. Gradually stir about 1 cup hot mixture into beaten egg yolk. Stir egg mixture back into mixture in saucepan. Cook until sauce comes to a full boil and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- FOR CHIMICHANGAS:.
- COMBINE bananas, nuts and 3/4 cup Coffee Cream Sauce in medium bowl. Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture down center of each tortilla. Fold bottom sides up and roll up. Secure with wooden picks.
- POUR oil into large skillet to about 1-inch depth. Heat over medium heat. Fry 2 to 3 chimichangas at a time, turning frequently, for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Remove wooden picks. Serve warm with remaining Coffee Cream Sauce.