Prep 25 mins
Cook 23 mins
A yummy cake, a tasty orange cream cheese icing - and a fun name!
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 4 overripe bananas, peeled and mashed
Orange Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 navel orange, zest of
- 1 navel orange, juice of
- Preheat oven to 350*. Cream margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add 2 tablespoons milk; add eggs, dry ingredients, and remaining milk alternately. Beat thoroughly.
- Fold in bananas and pour into three 8-inch greased cake pans. Bake 23-28 mintues. Cool completely before frosting.
- Blend cream cheese and butter together. Add orange zest and juice and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, blending until smooth.
- Now you can ice your cooled cake!