Recipe by ellie3763
from "handle the heat" - http://www.handletheheat.com/2010/12/recipe-makeover-banana-espresso.html
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heaping semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, sugars, applesauce, milk, and egg.
- Add the flours, instant espresso powder, baking soda, and salt to banana mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cup about three-quarters full. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Move the muffin pan to a cooling rack, and let cool for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the muffins from the pan and let them finish cooling on the cooling rack.