Recipe by dale!
Soft banana flavoured dumplings in a toffee sauce. Serve with ice-cream for a delicious dessert.
Top Review by JustJanS
I have a recipe for golden syrup dumplings on Zaar, but I don't think I'll make it again after tasting these dale!! I halved the cinnamon, and 1 banana didn't look enough, 2 was too much, but that's what I used, and then used less milk. The dumplings were moist and really tasted of banana and the toffee sauce was great, and plenty of it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 30 g butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup milk (approx)
- 2 cups water
- 30 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Rub in butter.
- Stir in sugar, banana, and enough milk to form a sticky dough.
- To make the sauce, combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat, without boiling until the sugar has dissolved.
- When it has dissolved bring to the boil, without stirring and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Drop tablespoons of dough mixture into the simmering sauce and simmer them, covered, for 15 minutes or until they are cooked.
- Serve the dumpling with the toffee sauce.