1/2 Photos of Banana Dumplings
Getting tired of fruit chaat for your Iftari? Need to whip up something fried quickly for a friend? Banana Dumplings to the resuce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice your bananas in small pieces.
- 2In a bowl, mix flour, milk, sugar, beaten egg, baking powder and oil as directed.
- 3Mix well until you get a thick mixture.
- 4Slide all your chopped banana pieces into this mixture.
- 5Take a deep frying saucepan or wok. Make sure you heat about half a cup of oil to the saucepan so the dumplings fry well.
- 6Keep the stove on medium to high heat.
- 7Using a tablespoon or wooden spoon, pick each banana piece from the bowl and pour directly into the hot oil. A little bit of the mixture will spread around the banana piece and that's good.
- 8Turn each dumpling after 1-2 minutes of deep frying so both sides are done well.
- 9As soon as the dumplings are golden brown, drain them on paper towel and serve hot with tea or coffee!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g