Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The bananas actually go over the scones, they are not in it. A delicious tea time snack for two. From Brian TurnerUpdate 03/03/12 So easy to make, perfect for someone under the weather who needs a pickmeup.
For the scones
- 45 g self-raising flour
- 1 free-range egg
- 150 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the caramelised bananas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 1 banana, cubed
- To make the drop scones, place all the ingredients together in a bowl. Mix until well combined, to create a thick batter.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Ladle the mixture into the pan in small dollops. Cook for 1-2 minutes and turn over. Cook until golden brown.
- To make the caramelised bananas, in a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat melt the butter.
- Add the sugar and cook for two minutes until golden.
- Add the cream and banana and cook for one more minute.
- Serve the drop scones with the caramelised bananas on top.
This was very good. My banana was not as firm as I would have liked it to be (not the fault of the recipe) but overall it came out all right. Next time I would cut the scone part of the recipe in half as this made a large amount or else double the banana part and serve 4. Made for Recipe Tag.