Recipe by Mistress K. Darq-Chylde
A soft and sweet treat for those of us who want something healthy, but can't live without our sugar.
Top Review by Elmotoo
These are yummy! They spread a lot even though I used shortening. ? But they are easy & delicious & I don't feel so guilty eating them. Plus, the bananas on the counter finally got used! Made for PAC fall '07.
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 bananas)
- 1 (14 -24 ounce) bag chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a small, separate bowl.
- Beat shortening in larger bowl until creamed, adding sugar. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture alternately with mashed bananas, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a large spoon, if desired.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on pan for 1-2 minutes before removing to allow the bottoms to properly solidify.