Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fun take on the hot dog. It would be perfect for a young child's "cooking" lesson.
Make and share this Banana Dog recipe from Food.com.
- 1 hot dog bun (whole wheat would be the healthy choice)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam (any kind of jam or honey would work)
- 1 banana, peeled
- shredded coconut
- spread one side of the hot dog bun with peanut butter (or cream cheese).
- Spread other side with jam or honey.
- Sprinkle on other ingredients.
- Note: you can pack this for lunch if you spread the peanut butter on the bun, leave the banana unpeeled (to be peeled and put in bun by child), and put all the fixins in little sandwich baggies.
wow...this is a fun food for any age...I am 20 and really enjoyed this...the coconut really tastes good in the Banana Dog! I would definitely make it again!
What a cute idea! My daughter (four-years-old) loved making this. I'm glad I ran across this.