Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
One of my family's favorite ice cream toppings.
- 20 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- vanilla ice cream
- In a bowl, add the vanilla wafer crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon; stir to combine.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, saute the banana slices in butter for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the bananas; cook stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm over ice cream.