Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great simple breakfast with lots of quality protein, creamy and crunchy textures, and fresh healthy flavor. From "The Greatest Ever Vegetarian Cookbook." No added sugar, just lots of natural goodness! Mix up the dried fruit and nuts for variety, add a little honey, or sprinkle on some cinnamon or other spices. So easy and good!
- 2⁄3 cup pitted chopped dried dates
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Stir dates into yogurt, cover, and refrigerate overnight to allow fruit to soften.
- In the morning, stir bananas into yogurt mixture.
- Spoon into bowls and top with chopped walnuts.
I used vanilla SOY yogurt for this, which would have been too sweet if not for the slight bitterness of the walnuts. I would recommend half plain, half vanilla yogurts. I just loved it, it made a very satisfying breakfast. I'll definetly have this again! I'll try different flavors of soygurt and other fruit, etc. A winner!!!