Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the blog fatfreevegan. These are tasty treats that are vegan and low in fat. We loved 'em.
- 414.03 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml raw sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 118.29 ml vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 78.07 ml natural applesauce
- 29.58 ml agave nectar
- 59.14 ml chopped dates
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 and spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with wax paper muffin cups.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mash the banana with the sugar, soymilk, apple sauce, and agave nectar.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Add in the dates and walnuts, and pour into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Wonderful and kinda healthy! I've never baked with dates before, but had a box in my pantry and thought I'd give this a try. I'll definitely make this again. There's nothing I'd change or tweek, it's perfect as is.
Enjoyed these a lot, including the ease in preparation! I did use rounded measures for the dates & walnuts, but other than that, followed the directions right on down! These are very nice breakfast muffins as well as great in-between snacks! [Tagged made & reviewed for one of my Vegan groupmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap #6]