Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the blog fatfreevegan. These are tasty treats that are vegan and low in fat. We loved 'em.
Make and share this Banana Date Walnut Muffins (Low Fat, Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 414.03 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml raw sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 118.29 ml vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 78.07 ml natural applesauce
- 29.58 ml agave nectar
- 59.14 ml chopped dates
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 and spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with wax paper muffin cups.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mash the banana with the sugar, soymilk, apple sauce, and agave nectar.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Add in the dates and walnuts, and pour into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Wonderful and kinda healthy! I've never baked with dates before, but had a box in my pantry and thought I'd give this a try. I'll definitely make this again. There's nothing I'd change or tweek, it's perfect as is.
Enjoyed these a lot, including the ease in preparation! I did use rounded measures for the dates & walnuts, but other than that, followed the directions right on down! These are very nice breakfast muffins as well as great in-between snacks! [Tagged made & reviewed for one of my Vegan groupmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap #6]