Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Keep in the fridge for hungry children to snack on, or put in healthy lunch boxes for a protein rich desert. This is a great recipe for people who don't like tofu. They can get friendly with it in a nonthreatening atmosphere. This pudding uses fruit as it's only sweetener. You will be surprised at just how sweet and delicious the combination of bananas and dates can be.
- 12 -14 ounces soft tofu
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 10 whole pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Open up the tofu, and drain off the water. Peel the bananas and cut them into chunks.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and place it in a blender.
- Add the corn oil, water or soy milk, banana chunks, dates, vanilla and salt.
- Process for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth with small date flecks blended throughout.
- You may have to stop the blender, and scrape down the sides a few times during blending.
- Pour the pudding into 4 small 1/2-cup-sized, resealable plastic containers, or a big bowl and chill.
Great idea. I keep frozen bananas on hand all the time for quick and ready use. I made two small adjustments. ( using a food processor) I didn't want any oil, so I added a 3rd banana increased milk (I used almond) to 6tb and near the end drizzled in some maple syrup maybe a table spoon. (yum maple syrup and bananas)
Love it. Easy, fast, delicious.