Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
I found this recipe on the www.cheerios.com website. "Bake a fruity muffin with a whole-grain boost from new Banana Nut Cheerios® cereal." NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING: Calories 180 Calories from Fat 50 % Daily Value Total Fat 6g 9% Saturated 1/2g 3% Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 20mg 6% Sodium 230mg 9% Total Carbohydrate 28g 9% Dietary Fiber 1g 5% Sugars 14g Protein 3g
- 2 1⁄2 cups Banana Nut Cheerios
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or chopped, pitted dates)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse sugar (or granulated sugar)
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray, or line with paper baking cups. Spray bottoms only of paper baking cups with cooking spray. In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, coarsely crush cereal with rolling pin or meat mallet to measure 1 3/4 cups.
- In large bowl, mix crushed cereal, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. In medium bowl, beat buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg until blended. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in dates. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Serve warm or cool.